CULLEN JEWELLERY LIFETIME WARRANTY
At Cullen Jewellery, we pride ourselves on expert craftsmanship and high quality fine jewellery. Our mission will always be to provide beautiful and ethical jewellery that our customers can enjoy for a lifetime.
For this reason, every piece we create undergoes thorough and rigorous quality control testing.
Australian Consumer Law
Our products and services come with automatic guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. If you experience major issues with our service, you are entitled to:
- Cancel your service contract with us, and
- A refund for the unused portion, or reimbursement for its reduced value.
If you experience a minor issue with our products, you can request a free repair. If a problem with our products amounts to major failure, you are entitled to:
- Ask for a refund or replacement and
- To have the problem rectified in a reasonable time.
- You are also entitled to compensation for any damages or losses suffered from a problem with our products or service that we could have reasonably foreseen.
When returning a product, it is the customer’s responsibility to cover any postage or transportation costs. If a major problem is confirmed, you are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from us.
Exceptions to guarantees
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- received what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper elsewhere, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it;
- misused the product in any way that caused the problem;
- knew of or were made aware of any faults before you bought the product;
- asked for a service to be completed in a certain way against the advice of Cullen Jewellery or were unclear about what you wanted.
Cullen Jewellery offers a free Lifetime Warranty from the date of invoice against any manufacturing defects on all Gold and Platinum jewellery.
Manufacturing defects refer to the structure of the jewellery, and most manufacturing defects show up within the first few months of wearing. Any item found defective as a result of manufacturing will be repaired or replaced by Cullen Jewellery at no charge. When returning your product for manufacturing defects, we will cover any shipping and postage costs.
Silver jewellery is not covered under our Lifetime Manufacturing Warranty.
What is Covered By our Lifetime Warranty
Some examples of manufacturing defects that are covered under our Lifetime Warranty include:
- Porosity, surface pores, blemishes in the metal;
- Uneven settings;
- Chips, scratches or nicks in stones given at time of pick-up;
- Rhodium plating ‘splashes’ of stains on the metal.
Claiming your Lifetime Warranty
If you believe your jewellery has a manufacturing issue, please complete the steps below:
- Contact us about the problem at email@example.com and we will arrange an evaluation of your jewellery;
- If you are unable to come to our showroom a $40 two-way postage fee (within Australia), or $200 two-way Fedex fee (from outside Australia) will be required as a deposit;
- Please thoroughly read through what is and what is not covered by our Lifetime Warranty as the postage deposit will not be refunded if the issue is found not to be a manufacturing defect;
- We will conduct a free assessment of the jewellery to determine whether the damage is under warranty;
- If the damage is not under warranty we will send you a repair quote for your approval. If you do not wish to proceed with the repair, your pre-paid deposit will cover the return shipping;
- If the issue is found to be a manufacturing defect, your postage deposit will be refunded in full and the repair will be conducted at no charge;
Repairs or services performed by any jeweller other than Cullen Jewellery will void our Lifetime Warranty.
Wear and Tear (not covered by Lifetime Warranty)
All fine jewellery, particularly rings, can be affected by normal wear and everyday activities. Our manufacturing warranty does not cover any damage to jewellery, loss of stones due to accidents, mishandling or abusive use, theft or damage caused by general wear and tear.
Some examples of common jewellery issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- Dents, abrasions and scratches on the settings.
Metals are malleable and over time they will exhibit signs of wear. We recommend booking a yearly jewellery assessment where a jeweller can check that your stone settings are secure. After a professional clean and polish, your ring will be looking brand new again.
- Chips, scratches, nicks, and breakages on the gemstones due to wear and tear or accidents. Diamonds and Moissanite are the hardest gemstones on earth but they are not indestructible. If a gemstone is hit or knocked at a certain angle, they can chip or crack. Regardless of the force of impact, a gemstone is highly susceptible to breaking when hit along its weakest part (usually the edges or girdle). Gemstones set with exposed edges, such as in a prong setting, are at higher risk of sustaining damage.
- Pits and holes in your setting created by exposure to corrosive chemicals e.g. chlorine bleach, heavy cleaning products.
- The discolouration of precious metals caused by chemicals, make-up, exposure to chlorine in pools and hot tubs, or bathing.
- Precious metals (especially claws and bands) can wear down over time and may need to be restored as part of normal wear.
- Prongs that get caught, bent or worn down by everyday wear and allow a stone to fall out.
- The loss of a gemstone caused by damage from everyday wear or from other damage.
Our Lifetime Warranty is only valid with proof of purchase and if the jewellery has not been altered in any way.
To maintain the beauty and life of your ring, we recommend taking your ring off for any hands-on work. A good rule to follow is that jewellery should be the last thing you put on when going out and the first thing to take off when home. We strongly recommend removing your ring before any sporting activities, gym and heavy housework (e.g. dishes, gardening).
Please refer to our How To Clean and Care For Your Engagement Ring article for more tips.